Affiliate Disclosure Statement: Please note that some of the links I share with you are affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Click Here for full statement.
Lemon Basil Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Dust chicken with flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frypan with olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. When sizzling add the chicken in batches until lightly golden.
- Keep warm, while cooking the remainder of chicken. Cover with foil and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan and then add olive oil and the other tablespoon of butter.
- When butter is melted, add the garlic and stir for a minute. Add combined chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then add cream stirring constantly. Simmer for 2 more minutes then add the basil and simmer another minute.
- Serve the chicken on a warmed plate and drizzle the sauce over the top.