Affiliate Disclosure Statement: Please note that some of the links I share with you are affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Click Here for full statement.
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 1 1/2 tsp snipped fresh thyme or basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or basil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium tomato
- Trim fat from steaks. Cut each steak in half.
- In a large heavy skillet melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks; reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145 degree F) to medium (160 degree F) doneness, turning once.
- Transfer steaks to a serving platter, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Cover steaks; keep warm.
- Stir green onions, thyme, salt, and pepper into reserved drippings in skillet.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until green onions are tender.
- Stir in tomato; heat through.
- Serve tomato mixture over steaks.