Affiliate Disclosure Statement: Please note that some of the links I share with you are affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Click Here for full statement.
February is American Heart Month, and this year Color Street has put out a great set “Helping Hearts” to help celebrate and to raise money for 2 deserving groups.
Disclaimers: “Color Street, LLC has no connection with these pages and does not sponsor or support their content.”
This set means a lot to me because my munchkin was diagnosed with a heart murmur when she was 2 months old. We were so scared when our pediatrician referred us to a pediatric cardiologist that same day. We went straight from her office to the cardiologist and honestly we did not know what to expect. They diagnosed her with a perimembranous ventricular septal defect (VSD). We were told that with most kids the hole will close on it”s own as the kid gets older. We were put on lasix for a few months and we are in a holding pattern. Her last visit was about 18 months ago and so far things are looking good, unfortunately if it does not close on its own she could need surgery. I am glad to know there are organizations that are out there to help if this is the route we end up having to take. I know we are lucky that this was not a serious condition for her but I know not all kids are this lucky and I love that there are resources out there to help the kids and support the families.
Here are 8 signs you might be having a Heart Attack.
Symptoms to be aware of:
- Discomfort, tightness,uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing in the center of the chest lasting more than a few minutes, or comes and goes
- Crushing chest pain
- Pressure or pain that spreads to the shoulders, neck, upper back, jaw, or arms
- Dizziness or nausea
- Clammy sweats, heart flutters, or paleness
- Unexplained feelings of anxiety, fatigue or weakness – especially with exertion
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
Some women mistakenly think only crushing chest pain is a symptom of a heart attack and, therefore, delay seeking medical care.
What is WomenHeart? WomenHeart is the first and only national patient-centered organization dedicated to serving women with heart disease.
WomenHeart’s mission is to improve the health and quality of life of women living with or at risk of heart disease, and to advocate for their benefit.
Now, in its 20th year, WomenHeart has successfully:
- Developed the only national network of patient support groups across the country – nearly 100 in more than 30 states.
- Trained more than 900 women heart disease survivors as community educators via the WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium in collaboration with Mayo Clinic.
- Hosted bi-annual Advocacy Institute conferences to train women living with heart disease to be public policy advocates and form the basis of a grassroots policy movement.
- Created the Red Bag of Courage® program placing educational information about women and heart disease directly into the hands of hundreds of thousands of women living with or at-risk for heart disease.
- Held the first National Policy & Science Summit for women’s cardiovascular health.
What is The Children’s Heart Foundation? The Children’s Heart Foundation was founded in 1996 and is the country’s leading organization solely dedicated to funding congenital heart defect (CHD) research.
Our mission is to fund the most promising research to advance the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of CHDs.
To date, through 2019, The Children’s Heart Foundation has funded more than $13 million of CHD research and scientific collaborations— driving breakthroughs that have improved survival rates, longevity, and quality of life for individuals living with CHDs in dramatic and life-changing ways. With your support, we are saving lives and Placing Children at the Heart of Research.
Join my Facebook Group Treehouse Hideaway to see new nails and get some self care tips
SHOP for some great nail styles today
Learn more ABOUT Color Street
Haven’t tried Color Street ~ REQUEST a set of free accent nails to try
CONTACT ME if you have any questions or to find out more!!